A Leader in Hydro Excavation, Rehabilitation and Renewal Services
We care about our customers’ success and work to help them achieve their goals even in the most challenging situations.
Hydro excavation is the go-to approach used by utility service providers and others for damage-free soil removal, especially in urban areas, and is widely recognized for its safety and cost benefits.
With over 20 years of experience at more than 100,000 job sites, Ontario Excavac (OE) is an expert in hydro excavation of underground utilities and is the largest service provider in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
As an experienced provider of services in hydro excavation, Ontario Excavac provides daylighting, debris removal and sub-surface utility mapping for utilities, oil and gas, transportation, industrial and real estate, construction, and engineering sectors. OE provides full surface restoration of soft and hard surfaces including sod, asphalt, and concrete. OE has acquired leading technology for rehabilitation and renewal of water and gas services, including condition assessment, pipe cleaning, repairs, plus non-structural and structural renewal.
Get More Out
Ontario Excavac has built its reputation on providing exceptional customer service. We respond promptly, effectively and efficiently, we listen to your needs, we provide easy-to-understand quoting with no hidden extras, and we deliver quality services on time and on budget. Simply, we put our customers first.
Our LEAN thinking process means you save big.
Our team is trained in LEAN thinking to eliminate wasteful, non-value added activity. We focus on quality and productivity by looking at value through the eyes of our customer – saving you money while never compromising on safety.
24/7 Emergency Hotline
We’re at your service when you need us most. OE is widely recognized as the most responsive hydro-excavation service provider in the GTA. Our emergency hotline is staffed 24/7. Our skilled customer service reps are on standby for emergency calls, armed with GPS for real-time tracking of our fleet. All day, every day, they are ready to dispatch the services you need for the fastest, most effective emergency response.
Customized Equipment with the Latest Technologies
We care about consistently meeting our customers’ needs. Our commitment to innovation means that we have the tools and customized equipment for any job site, however challenging.
Ontario Excavac operates one of Canada’s biggest and newest fleets of high-capacity hydrovac trucks – with half of our fleet less than four years old. Our hydrovac fleet is supported by unshrinkable-fill cement trucks, asphalt trucks and aggregate dump trucks for full surface restoration.
- Our trucks have been custom-built with the latest technology and are well-equipped to meet the challenges of urban settings, sensitive environments, and extreme cold-weather conditions. Rotating water nozzles instead of straight tips for safer, fast excavation that protects buried infrastructure
- Largest vacuums with the highest flow rate industry-wide for faster, more accurate digging and soil removal
- Cold weather cabinetry to eliminate freeze-up, even on the coldest days
- Custom truck layouts to improve work efficiency and safety
- Extraction up to 900 feet from the truck – the furthest in the industry – to minimize damage in sensitive environments
Our NextGen Hydrovacs are whisper quiet, optimized for fuel and operating efficiencies and fully MTO compliant.
As we expand our services to perform rehabilitation and renewal of gas and water utilities, we have added the latest technologies for condition assessment, cleaning and preparation, repairs, plus non-structural and structural renewal capabilities.
We care about delivering consistent quality to our customers – and our well-trained, experienced, hard-working staff make this happen.
Ontario Excavac’s success comes from the dedication of our skilled and experienced staff: industry leaders and innovators, experts in hydro excavation, hydrovac technology, rehabilitation and renewal, safety advocates, and customer service specialists. This breadth of expertise means that we have proven solutions to the most challenging job requirements and we can problem-solve new challenges.
We know how to dig faster and better, and we take great pride in doing the job right every time.
Commitment to Safety
We care about our customers, the public, and our staff – and we have the track record that shows we never compromise on safety.
Ontario Excavac is a leading safety advocate. Our operational staff is rigorously trained in vehicle and equipment safety, hazard identification and assessment, traffic control, and on-site safety for every job. Our crews are trained to work quickly and effectively with a focus on safety in all environments.
Our continuous commitment to safety includes the following:
- Extensive safety training and orientation for new operators
- Periodic refresher courses for up-to-date safety knowledge
- Safe Work Practices Compliance Officer on staff
- Field Safety Compliance Officer ensures safety protocols are maintained before vehicles leave and on-site
- Highly regarded Safety Advisor on retainer
- Registered A-level GREEN performer with ISNetworld®, a safety qualification program used by many contractors
We are leaders in industry safety standards:
- Early and active promotor and contributor of safe work practices with the Technical Standards & Safety Authority (TSSA) and the Infrastructure Health & Safety Association (IHSA)
- Pioneered safe hydrovac vehicle design by moving operating instruments and controls to the truck’s curbside and adding fall arrest tie-off points on the vehicle
- Founding member and first chair of Hydrovac Alliance of Ontario (HVAO), advocate for industry best practices for safe work on buried underground infrastructure